- An Acrylic solvent based paint specially formulated for the application on old and new cement swimming pools
- Easy to clean and deters to formation of slime and algae
- The paint will not soften, flake or blister and will withstand continuous submersion in fresh or sea water. Covers and seals hair cracks
- Light Blue
- Strong Blue
- Mainly used in old and new cement swimming pools
- Also suitable for lining of concrete water tanks or farm dams
SUITABLE FOR DRINKING WATER AND FISH PONDS
- Ready for use with brush and roller
- Spray application not recommended
- Allow freshly build pools to dry for at least 3 – 4 weeks. If moister content in cement is to high it will cause the paint to blister
- Remove all loose material. Wash walls down with mixture of 1 part Spirit of Salts and 4 parts clean water.
WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING.
- Thoroughly wash walls and floor with fresh clean water to remove all traces of acid. Several small washes are better than one big wash to dilute the acid
- Allow the pool to dry for 2 – 3 days. The surface must be dry before painting
- For proper penetration thin first coat 20% with SWIMMING POOL PAINT THINNER ( 2lt thinner on 5lt paint). Apply thin wash coat. Allow paint to penetrate surface
- Allow to dry for 6 hours then apply 2nd coat un-thinned
- Allow the paint to dry for 3 days before the pool is filled
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED POOLS
- Drain water from pool. Clean thoroughly with household detergent to remove all oil and dirt
- Inspect the pool and if surface is in a sound condition apply 1 coat of SWIMMING POOL PAINT straight from the can. One coat should normally be enough.
- If surface are bad, remove old paint by wetting with “thinner” and scraping of with paint scraper
- Apply paint as for new pools
- In all cases allow paint to dry for 3 days before filling
- Do not paint in wet or damp conditions
- To prevent bubbles forming do not paint in the heat of the day
- When filling avoid a direct jet of water on newly painted surfaces
TYPE: ACRYLIC RESIN
DRYING TIME: SURFACE 2 – 3 HOURS, HARD 4 – 6 HOURS
VISCOSITY: 95 – 100 F4
SG: 1.020 – 1.040
RE-COAT TIME: 2 – 3 HOURS
SPREADING RATE: 1ST COAT/POROUS SUBSTRATES, 6 – 8 sq/m/lt.
SPREADING RATE: 2ND COAT/SEALED SUBSTRATES, 8 – 10 sq/m/lt.
GLOSS: SEMI MATT
THINNER: POOL PAINT THINNER/XYLOL